Violence in the Middle East: the issues enumerated
In no particular order, for my own clarity:
1. Intergenerational poverty
2. Intergenerational experience of violence
3. Lack of focus on “knowing thyself and the world education” for the general population
4. A history of non-separation between religion and state
5. A history of tribalism
6. Oil/resource based wealth for the ruling powerful families
7. More recent foreign colonization / haphazard meddling for own political and economic purpose
8. Lack of viable living options for poor, young men in society
9. Dehumanizing of women, important attachment figures for secured, happy children
10. Absence of social acceptance for doubt
11. Little indication of internal leaders who are smart, politically savvy, and actually want to improve their people’s living condition long term
298 lives shot out of the sky. Of those, 193 Dutch. Amongst the murdered, prominent AIDS researchers. Evidence are tampered to obscure investigation that could bring light to what happened.
It’s one of those times when I read the news and can feel seething anger in me. This is the result of one of the worst combinations of human’s destructiveness: war + mass-destruction weapon + incompetency = senseless lives lost. I want so much for justice, and am so sad that it’s probably never going to be given.
Everywhere in the world, they hurt little girls.
The bag that started the winged bag craze*: the original Trapeze bag in royal blue/black/camel tricolour, by Celine. Talk about a coveted original.
* I may or may not have made up this fact.